Friday, September 27, 2019

Managing Writers: Interview with Richard Hamilton (podcast)

I recently had a chance to listen to Tom Johnson's podcast entitled Managing Writers: Interview with Richard Hamilton and I found it to be very insightful. I totally agree that documentation metrics are difficult to nail down and pageviews aren't always the best metric (though a decent one).  I personally haven't found a good metric of productivity for tech writers. (If you have one, I'd love to hear about it.)

Documentation managers (writers or otherwise) are best served by simply staying aware of what their tech writers are doing and how heavily loaded they are on a regular basis. Having regular check-ins and one-on-ones is the best way to tell if a writer is overloaded or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment